Quick Links

Twitter for more constant updates!
Tumblr My blog for serious issues. When I'm not updating Blogger, I update Tumblr.
Steph's Stuff where I sell my stuff.

What I'm doing when I'm not blogging

Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy June!


I could go for a delicious cupcake (or six cupcakes) right about now...

In the midst of packing, cramming for finals and whatnot, I find myself quite relaxed from all that tension. It is almost that time of the school year when I pack all of my belongings here for my journey back home. I've only got a couple of weeks left here until the Spring quarter ends. Heck, the desk in my room, stand, and wire rack has already returned home. The rest of the stuff is going in Sterlite storage bins, all ready and packed for Fall quarter. And because I have no furniture left, I am using a storage bin as my laptop platform right as we speak (or type). Talk about ghetto living! I just hope I don't develop carpal tunnel in the future from typing un-ergonomically. /knocks on wood.

Yesterday, my parents announced to us (my siblings and I) that they were planning a trip to Canada. The reason? My grandmother is aging... so it's best that we go visit her! Besides, I haven't been in Canada in a couple of years, lest visiting my family there in about four years! If you guys haven't visited the country before, I highly suggest it. It'll be the closest a person can get to pristine nature. This time, since I'm over the age of 18, I look forward to ice wine tasting, Banff hot springs, and being a tourist in the Ice Fields of Alberta! I also want to go to this mall in Vancouver that has this store named Stitches so I can buy $2 clothing! Woot. Now I wish I had a DSLR camera to capture the beauty of nature... one can only dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As a past time, I enjoy watching Asian dramas (which girl doesn't?). The ones I'm currently watching are "Atashsinchi no Danshi (Japanese)" and "Boys Over Flowers (Korean)." I used to be a hugeeee Japanese dorama junkie, but not so much anymore because I don't have as much downtime as I used to. "Boys Over Flowers" is a Korean adaptation of the original Japanese "Hana Yori Dango." I personally enjoyed the Japanese one more, but the Korean one has different plots and filler stories so that prolongs the drama a little (typical Korean drama).

I took a stroll down Memory Lane and decided to re-watch Sailor Moon. I absolutely ADORE(d) Sailor Moon!!! I was watching the dubbed version (the version they used to air on American television) and it was so bad haha. If you listen closely, Luna has an accent of an old British maid; Molly has a Brooklyn accent; and so forth. I suppose as one grows older, he/she will start to notice all the little details that he/she missed as a child. As children, we were so naive, huh?

My favorite Sailor Scout was Sailor Uranus/Tenoh Haruka/Amara. Why? Because she's a tomboy and she kicks major Negaverse ass. She's a lesbian, but I don't judge. Who is your favorite?


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Look of the evening...?

My go-to look doesn't consist of lots of makeup; I just fill in my ever-so-light brows and ocassionally some light blush and mascara. Unfortunately, I don't always have the time to do a full application. But this is an example of how I would look like with more stuff one ;) Camera ho time!

So fresh and so cleannn~


And then ta-daa!


I'm jumping on the beauty blogging bandwagon, if you didn't already notice. The majority of my lovely readers are beauty bloggers, so it's fair right? Are they REALLY here for food? Who knows! You guys tell me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you to those who have already participated in my giveaway!! You guys rock!

Don't forget to join my giveaway! I'll be really sad if there aren't more people participating so don't leave me hanging!

Can you really resist those eyes?

4 comments:

kami girl said...

omg ur gonna have SO MUCH fun in canada!! :) exciteeedd! my fave sailormo0n character was a toss-up between mars and jupiter and of course sailormo0n just because i tend to like main characters.. HAHA.

Edna said...

Have fun in Canada with your family.

My favorite Sailormoon character was Sailor Mars. I think she's the prettiest of all the girls, and she had a way cooler school uniform than her friends :P

noone said...

Oh cool you're coming to Canada? Where in Canada??? Mmm those cupcakes does look delicious. Haha I used to watch sailor moon when I was younger as well. I liked Sailor Uranus cuz she had turquoise hair. But I guess those series never made it to Canada. So I liked Sailor Mars cuz well, she's asian!

Chomfifi said...

ive never had those cupcakes! youre going to canada?! that sounds fun! i wish i can go too :P

my fav would be sailor venus cause I liked her long hair when i was young and i liked her power. LOL