Quick Links

Twitter for more constant updates!
Tumblr My blog for serious issues. When I'm not updating Blogger, I update Tumblr.
Steph's Stuff where I sell my stuff.

What I'm doing when I'm not blogging

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Every Blog has an Introductory Post.

In order for me to better organize my mess of pictures,videos, and whatnot, I've decided to create this blog solely for the subject of food.

As many of you know, I have many hobbies; cooking being one of my favorite hobbies. I'm going to blog my experiences with food, whether I'm at home or when I'm at my apartment. I'm not a professional chef/cook, but I do like to experiment with different types of food and improvise as I go along. The main influence in my cooking is definitely my mom's home cooking, just because I grew up eating her food. She has helped develop my everlasting-growing love for food. My taste buds have settled for her food, therefore making it my favorite.

Living at an apartment can be hard, especially because your funds are very limited when it comes to food spendage, and it gets harder if you don't know how to cook. However, that shouldn't discourage you from touching the stove (or oven) when it comes to gourmet food for every meal. Granted, the microwave is the best thing to have in your kitchen (especially when you want a quick 5-minute meal), but what about those nutritious meals your mother (or father) used to serve you every day? I'm pretty sure they rarely used the microwave (my mom got rid of the microwave, and replaced it with a steamer!), unless it's to reheat some leftovers (even so, I'd prefer heating foods on the stove). Living at the apartment, I do have my trusty microwave, but I rarely touch it. I cook my own breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a daily basis. In a sense, it'll also help develop my cooking skill as my experience grows (Reach Cooking level 375!).

Anyway, this blog's main purpose is to see how much time I'll be spending on each meal, thus recording my progress. Maybe I just like to waste my time blogging. /shrug.

Okay, now I'll be off to cook my teriyaki salmon steak. The roommate's not here for the weekend so I'm not obligated to share.

2 comments:

kami girl said...

omg0sh yesss! this blog is a dream come true.. hahaha

lo.christine417 said...

o m g i cant believe my dream has been fulfilled. stephy you created my desired food blog!!! YAYYYY!!!