Quick Links

Twitter for more constant updates!
Tumblr My blog for serious issues. When I'm not updating Blogger, I update Tumblr.
Steph's Stuff where I sell my stuff.

What I'm doing when I'm not blogging

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Strawberry Season!! and Summer 2009... so far.



I've been pretty preoccupied with things that come up, with that said, I tend to procrastinate on blogging. Finally, my blog entries become so long that it becomes mundane towards the end... up until the photos, anyway I think. So what have I been up to? Enjoying my summer, of course! This post will be filled with pictures!

After I finished my last final, I spent time with the boyfriend. During my stay, I attended his friends' wedding, which was held in the bride's back(front?)yard. Sounds kind of lame, but it was a huge backyard with a 10-yard diameter pond. There was a field and stable behind where we were seated for their horses. Oh, and a pool behind the house. I love attending weddings; I love that glow that the brides emit on their wedding day. It truly was a beautiful event. I regret not taking pictures with the groom and bride though.

There was a Korean marketplace near where the BF resided, so we decided to head there to look for ingredients for thai tea. There was an Amore nearby, and to my surprise, my boy suggested that we check it out LOL! The lady that helped me out was really nice; she saw me eyeing the Laneige products and asked me if I wanted samples. I immediately said yes! She gave me Laneige Basic Care and Water Bank samples, which included the emulsion(wtf is it?), toner, essence (wtf is that?), "Designer Eye Cream," Strawberry Yogurt mask, Water Sleeping Pack mask, foundation/concealer, and some Korean shampoo. I was overwhelmed with all of these samples, but of course I couldn't wait to try them.

As soon as it was time for bed and for me to begin my beauty procedures, I used the emulsion, skin refiner, essence, and eye cream. My skin became instantly smooth, so soft and supple. The next morning, I found my boy feeling my face because he was amazed about how soft it was LOL! I went through the same procedure, and by the end of the day, my face was surprisingly in the same condition as when I first applied it. I was expecting my face to get super oily, but alas there was little oil, if any oil! Too bad I ran out of the samples, but I will keep my eye on these products for a while... :3

I played with a Konad stamping nail art set that belonged to his brother's girlfriend. Not bad for my first time, huh?


During one of our morning walks, I came across lawns full of tiny little frogs. I did what I do best: I picked it up!


I love my boy's freshwater aquarium, especially since it's filled with many plump sterbai corycats! Cutiessss! In the morning, you can see them play and frolic! It makes me want to start one, but I'm constantly moving and I'd have no way of feeding them every day.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few days after I arrived home, I spent a week cleaning out my room, which includes sorting out all the old clothes from my closet and dresser, and my messy desktop. I took out a huge trashbag of... well, trash, and two trashbags full of old/outdated clothes and purses that I will probably never wear again. Can you say yard sale?!

On my mother's day off, she took me to get my long overdued haircut! Guess what guys, I got bangs now, albeit it is quite fobby but i haven't had bangs in years! I'm having lots of fun with them. Now I can *try* to pull off a cutesy summer look. What do you think of the bangs? :X And since it's been two weeks since I got my hair cut, my hair have grown out a bit.


During the couple of weeks, I met up with some of my close friends. What did we do? Purikura and cupcakes!! And other delicious things, like tres leches cake from Perfectly Sweet. I think that's going to be my new favorite bakery, although it was priced at $4.50, considering $3 cupcakes, it's pretty much a deal. To my surprise, it wasn't too sweet like other tres leches cakes I've tried. The cake was moist and smooth... delicious!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And for the rest of the week, I made this yummy strawberry snack. I used ripened strawberries because they smell the most fragrant and full of that delicious strawberry taste. Spritzing some fresh lime juice, it created a medley of aromas and tastes. Then adding a pinch of sugar to enhance the flavors. It vaguely reminded me of a margarita/strawberry daiquiri... in fruit form of course! My mom could not keep her hands off this bowl of fruit that I made for myself... hahaha!


My mom finally made one of my favorite Vietnamese dish of all time, bánh xèo! She said she's going to make it when I come home, and since I'm finally home... Nothing beats mama's home cooking.


That pretty much sums up what I've been up to during the time I was missing hehe. I'm surprised that people haven't already started to unsubscribe this blog, so thank you loyal readers! <3

6 comments:

kami girl said...

U mustve had such a lovely time with ur bf :) it sounded like fun! Hey does tha laneige do anything for acne prone skin? just wondering. I'm goin to try ur trick with the fruits btw :) miss u!! Let's go get cupcakes together soon!!

mszcheysser said...

Mmm, the cakes look good :)

Oooh! Weddings, I love weddings! I haven't been one, in over a year though.... Yikes! Anyways, that sounds like a beautiful one. ♥

And you did a great job, during your first time with Konad.

*~kAy~* said...

mmm.. those strawberries look so fresh!

and i love bangs! :)
i think they look cute on u <3

Peter said...

emulsion is moisturizer and essence is like the deep moisturizer? LOL i think, it supposedly contains alot of beneficial stuff in it so it goes over the moisturizer? lol

i'm salivating for those cupcakes

Edna said...

MMM.. yay for all the food pictures :) Your nails looked really cute!

noone said...

wow ponds and horses... that sounds like a spactular wedding. I just went to a wedding where they serve guests with disposible plates.. LOL don't ask!

your bf's aquarium looks awesome! I love those little creatures, I wish I have an aquarium too, I hear that watching things swim around in a tank is equivalent to meditating, no joke! ;)